Monday, May 17, 2010

In the Jungle

The newest article of clothing which I aspire to acquire is a moto jacket. Jersey, leather, pleather, nylon- so many options! I just can't seem to make up my mind. Here is that devilishly handsome rockstar, Axl Rose of Guns 'n Roses, glamorously modeling the 'off the shoulder' look. Just for you.
I think I first grew attached to the well-established uniform of the rebellious a month or so ago in an UO ad, where it was artfully tossed over a faded vintage tee and jeans. Classic look for the Urban Jungle of course, but as with any timeless piece of fashion (pearls, red lipstick, the breezy white sundress, the more formal LBD), its possibilities are infinite. The longer a piece's lifespan, the more time people have had to push it to its edge in terms of recreating and reinventing it. Which is definitely lucky for me, because I undoubtedly prefer the modern jersey style over its more rough 'n tumble ancestor leather counterpart. Not that I have any qualms in unlimiting myself and simply selecting them all.  It's quite diplomatic of me, really, wouldn't you say?
The Contenders:


Urban Outfitters Nome de Plume Yaya Moto Jacket



Modcloth Textured Leather Jacket

William Rast 'Robin' Denim Jacket
William Rast 'Robin' Denim Jacket





Kenneth Cole New York Asymmetrical Zip Anorak



Kenneth Cole New York Asymmetrical Zip Anorak






omey'Seventy Two Changes 'Pomey' Fleece Jacket




Seventy Two 'Pomey' Fleece Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment