Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Best Dressed Oscars 2010

And my Best Dressed List for the 2010 Oscars goes to (drum-roll, please!):
 #1. Cameron Diaz. Absolutely gorgeous, of course I would expect nothing less from one of my utmost  favorite designers, Oscar de la Renta. She simply glows in this strapless beaded gown from the designer's Fall 2010 Collection. I definitely applaud the red lip/ side-swept hair combo too, absolutely channeling the 1940s old school Hollywood glam. Flawless!
 #2. Carey Mulligan. I loved this little Prada number, peppered and embroidered with sharp little tiny objects. The contrast between the soft feminine black silk and these miniature metal weapons was absolutely amazing, and it added definite character to the dress. It was Prada's little way of making someone look rough, dangerous, and rebellious, all while gliding down the red carpet (in an elegant gown). Simply ingenuous.
#3. Kate Winslet. Not only do I love Kate, but once again, I'm just partial to that classic Hollywood glamor. There's just nothing that tops it, it's timeless. And no one can deny, the Yves Saint Laurent company definitely knows their stuff. The 2.5 million dollar Tiffany & Co necklace doesn't hurt, either.
images from justjared.com and e!online

No comments:

Post a Comment