Thursday, June 10, 2010

Striped!

What with another Summer (finally) upon us, is it really a surprise to anyone that sailor stripes are back in again? Being that they're a staple in the Wardrobe of the Nautical year-round anyways, their presence in Florida is, at least, considered to be quite the norm. Therefore, consciously or not, even the 75+ members of this fabulous sunshine state will be fashion forward! Sportin' le sailor chic is always fashionable in Florida.

I'm really loving what some street style blogs are picking up on now regarding the sailor look too, which is sort of an edgy punkish application to the stripes. Leather, chain, and harsh contrasting seams help to move this version of the look along. In my area of the state, most of us are used to seeing the stripes translated into a more cruisewear-channeled look of elegant refinery, if you will. Which basically means that for me, this edge is a new take on things. However, if you think about it, the edginess is as old as it gets, seeing as sailors are supposed to be all rough 'n tumble, aren't they?
Love those boots! If I resembled a model, I would thoroughly enjoy being able to pull those babies off. As it is, I would more likely resemble a kindergardener on her way to the lunch line. I'll always have my Torys...

popeye from moah.org

No comments:

Post a Comment